KEEP IN MIND
- Only people who are HIV-negative should use PrEP or PEP.
- PrEP and PEP are available by prescription from a healthcare provider, you can also get PEP at your local emergency room.
- PrEP or PEP do not protect against other STI’s or pregnancy, and do not cure HIV.
- You must be tested for HIV and have a documented negative test result before starting PrEP.
- PrEP is more than just taking a pill every day, it also involves frequent medical visits and lab tests to check for HIV, other STI’s, and any changes in kidney health.
- PrEP does not have to be taken forever and can be stopped at any time under the supervision of your healthcare provider.
- PEP is taken for 28 days.